Our digitization and preservation services aim to achieve two key goals:
- Long-term preservation of aging and degrading heritage materials like archived newspapers.
- Much improved access to valuable heritage material, in a world where patrons’ needs and expectations have shifted towards remote, digital access to information.
To support these goals we provide the following:
- Scanning and associated indexing/QA, from either microfilm or paper, using highly qualified scanning partners specializing in the heritage preservation sector.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and related services to produce industry-standard METS/ALTO digital objects.
- Migration from older, legacy digital formats like PDF and Olive/PrXML, to standards-compliant METS/ALTO.
- Integration with long-term digital preservation solutions like MetaArchive.
- Hosting solutions for online discovery and delivery of digitized newspapers.
- Archival solutions for long-term preservation of digital objects.