On this page you’ll find articles about many aspects of best practice for newspaper digitization projects, from digitization and long-term digital preservation to discovery, delivery, and user engagement. These practices are based largely on the standards and workflows used by the Library of Congress for the National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP) in North America, the IMPACT project in Europe, and others. For more information please contact us.
- Workflow of a Veridian newspaper digitization project
- Veridian pricing
- Veridian Newsletter Archive
- Veridian User Group
- Our top 10 tips for newspaper digitization projects
Digitization and Preservation
- Press Release: Automated METS/ALTO Conversion
- What sort of “digital objects” should I produce for my newspaper digitization project?
- The Process of Scanning Newspapers
- What is METS/ALTO?
- METS information sheet
- ALTO information sheet
- A note about hidden ALTO data errors
- Why choose METS/ALTO for newspaper digitization?
- Newspaper article segmentation — the pros and cons
- I already digitized my newspapers to a different format — can I convert them to METS/ALTO?
- Long-term preservation of digitized newspapers
Discovery, Delivery, and Access
- Veridian discovery and delivery platform
- Veridian features and specifications
- Veridian hosting services
- New Veridian User Interface for 2017!
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for digitized newspapers
- Restricting access with Veridian Access Rules
- Veridian source code license vs. traditional open source
- Elephind.com — federated search across digitized newspaper collections
- Is Veridian suitable for other digitized material, aside from newspapers?
- Marketing digital collections – if you build them, will they visit?
- So you have a digital newspaper archive…now what?
- Crowdsourced User Text Correction (UTC)
- User Text Corruption! What are the risks of Crowdsourced text correction?
- Veridian Access Rules at National Library of Estonia
- The Swiss National Library digital newspaper collectionNew Article — 2018-09-10
- Washington State Library engages Veridian for Digital Newspaper CollectionNew Article — 2018-11-12
- Illinois Digital Newspaper Collections convert from Olive ActivePaper to Veridian
- Central Michigan University Digital Collections convert from CONTENTdm to Veridian
- Veridian SEO prompts huge increase in visits to Vassar College Digital Newspapers
- The Columbian 1891-1925 — Montana Historical Society
- PAPERS PAST — 3.5 million newspaper pages online, and counting