The key services we provide to libraries and other cultural heritage institutions are as follows:
- Planning and scoping services for newspaper digitization projects.
- Scanning services, through carefully selected scanning partners.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) services, to produce industry-standard METS/ALTO digital objects.
- Veridian software for online discovery and delivery of digitized newspapers, as well as unique “patron engagement” features like User Text Correction.
- Robust hosting services for online digital collections of any size.
- Ongoing support throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Long-term digital preservation solutions.
The Veridian difference
Part of the role of a modern library is to protect and preserve valuable content, and to respond to the changing ways in which their communities need to access, use, and share that content.
Our job is to ensure that libraries can convert newspaper collections from paper or microfilm to a suitable online digital format efficiently and cost effectively, without compromise on quality, service, requirements, or outcome.
The difference we bring to each digitization project is the focus we place on value throughout the life of the digital collection. We help libraries unlock the value of their historic newspaper collections by:
- Taking a long-term approach to nurturing and supporting online digital heritage collections — getting the material online is just the first step!
- Providing standards-based, leading technology.
- Partnering with best-in-class service providers.
- Customizing solutions to suit specific requirements.
- Ensuring digital collections can be easily discovered online.
- Building innovative systems to encouraging users to engage with digitized content.
- Facilitating online community building between the library and its online patrons.